- Selling Unit: Each
- PABV: Potential Alcohol By Volume 13.5 % ABV
- Volume: 16 LT (4.23 US Gallon)
- Weeks to Make: 6 Weeks
- Makes: 23 LT. (6.07 US Gallons)
- Dimensions: 9½ X 10½ X 13
- Weight: 41.3 LBS. (18.73 KG)
- Wine Making Pak Includes: Wine Base, Yeast, Bentonite, Sulphite/Sorbate, Fining Agents
- Product of Canada
Popular Wines Made From Sauvignon Blanc Varietal Grapes:
- White Bordeaux
- Fume Blanc
- Muskat Silvaner
- Zöld Ortlibi
These wines are known as a refreshing dry wine that has a great minerality, aromas, and tastes of herbs and grasses and a nice crisp pucker. Across the world, including in France, the wine is hardly ever aged in oak, with the winemakers preferring to exhibit the bright and fruity characteristics of the grape.
The Sauvignon Blanc grape originated in the same region as America’s two most popular red grapes, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, the Bordeaux region of France. In Bordeaux, it is believed that the grape was given the name Sauvignon Blanc from the French word sauvage, which means wild because the grape grew like a weed throughout the region. Instead of being fermented and bottled on its own, winemakers in Bordeaux chose to use Sauvignon Blanc in their white blends and to make the dessert wine Sauterne.