ABC CRAFTED SERIES Iberian Air Dried Untoasted Oak Chips specific particle size make them ideal for small-batch winemaking.
Made of Iberian oak. Their fine grain, high porosity, permeability, and chemical composition make them ideal for use in wine-making.
They enhance the wine’s organoleptic properties by transferring interesting compounds in the aroma and flavor phase.
Untoasted oak is characterized by high concentrations of ellagitannin, a well-regarded natural antioxidant. Toasting produces volatile compounds widely valued in winemaking.
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Enhances aromatic complexity by transferring vanilla and spice aromas.
- Preserves the wine’s natural fruitiness due to its slow, gradual transfer of oak aromas.
- Creates a structured mouthfeel thanks to its ellagitannin content.
- When applied during alcoholic fermentation, Aero Untoasted oak chips (untoasted, but dried in the open air for a prolonged length of time) enhance the wine's floral and varietal aromas. Their high antioxidant capacity preserves the wine's fruity notes and helps stabilize its color. Their high ellagitannin content reinforces tannin's presence in the mouthfeel, increasing the sensations of silkiness and volume.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For chips, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Chips: To optimize the transfer of the oak's beneficial properties to the wine, position the sacks of chips at varying depths within the container.
- 50% of the oak at the top of the container and 50% of the oak at the bottom of the container.
- Shake the sacks once a week.
- Brown chips
- Store in the original packaging in a cool dry place.