ABC CRAFTED SERIES American Heavy Smoked Toasted Oak Chip's high density, low porosity, and permeability make them ideal for use in wine-making.
American oak contains higher concentrations of volatile compounds and derivatives of thermal degradation of lignin, but lower concentrations of ellagitannins.
- Roasted Nuts
APPLYING TO WINE:
- Minimizes modification of the wine’s tannin profile due to its low ellagitannin content. Has less impact on structured mouthfeel than European oaks.
- Has a significant short-term organoleptic impact due to its high volatile compound content.
- This oak rapidly transfers its characteristic aromas to the wine, making it suitable for short-duration treatments.
- Heavy Smoked Toasted Oak Chips having a high glycosidic polymer content that produces Heavy Smoked toasted, caramel, and roasted notes and significantly increases the wine’s aromatic complexity.
- In wine 4 grams per 1 L (33.8 oz), dosage time will depend on the degree of transfer sought and the intensity of the characteristics desired.
- For chips, treatment time varies between 0 and 4 weeks.
- Users are recommended to perform prior testing to determine dosage and to taste the wine frequently to identify the optimal treatment time in each case.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Chips: To optimize the transfer of the oak's beneficial properties to the wine, position the sacks of chips at varying depths within the container.
- 50% of the oak at the top of the container and 50% of the oak at the bottom of the container.
- Shake the sacks once a week.
- Brown chips color tone varies according to toasting
- Store in the original packaging in a cool dry place.